Wednesday 17 February 2010

FabricLive 50: D:Bridge & Instra:Mental


After a nice day shopping in Manchester I popped into HMV as I was heading back to my car, I am so glad I did! As per, I headed to the 'Dance' section and sorted through the shitheap of old Tiesto, David Guetta and Paul Okenfold records to find some decent original pressings. Unfortunately there weren't any new albums to my taste so I plundered upon D:Bridge and Instra:Mental's FabricLive mix.

The tracklist was intriguing, I only knew a handful of the 31 individual tracks fused together within the steel casing, so I gave it a go.

The CD is the 50th in the FabricLive series, and as with number 37 - Caspa & Rusko - Fabric find themselves on the cutting edge of dubstep. Like Caspa & Rusko's CD two years earlier, the mix is defying another genre of dubstep.

The less accessible genre of two-step, dubstep and chilled fusions has slowly eased itself into the musical consciousness. From Joy Orbison to Scuba to Instra:Mental we have seen swarms of similar artists propping up across the board. There are many different theories as to why this has happened, I would speculate the success of the Four Tet/Burial collaboration last year, Moth, that showed that two step and dubstep can be aligned (with a side order of quality production values) to create some beautiful music.

The CD is available from iTunes, Beatport and all the usual suspects. I thoroughly encourage you to check it out. We will offer you Instra:Mental's 'Watching You' as a treat, this track is a stand out from the CD and will hopefully go towards persuading you to part with your hard earned cash for this brilliant mixtape.



mp3 blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment