Saturday 13 February 2010

Avatahontas. With added Benga



I am one of the millions of people that have seen Avatar, and like most of them thought it was the best thing to ever happen to cinema (Im of that generation)..... First time.

Then you have the mandatory second viewing when you realise that it really isn't that good. Don't get me wrong the effects are mind blowing, and I was one of the countless Avatar preachers. However, as AbandonSilence's very attentive and beautiful girlfriend pointed out, it's a mish mash of several stories, not least Pocahontas (see above).

To say that Avatar is better than The Hurt Locker, District 9, In the Loop (why no Oscar nod?), Up, or indeed Up In The Air is beyond me. I hope the Oscar panel reads this above image and makes the correct choice. (For us, it's got to be Hurt Locker or Up, though to say the Oscars didn't give it to WallE a few years back, there's no chance of an animated film winning.)

Anyways, back to the music. This Benga behemoth came across my path nearly three months ago. It has languished in the bargain basement of my iTunes, until suddenly earlier today it emerged via shuffle to drag itself straight onto this post. The track has a heavy rock riff repeated throughout, that supplemented by the mandatory heavy dubstep bassline creates an epic song.





mp3 blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment