Wednesday 20 January 2010

Potent Clunge

No, this isn't a vitriolic anti-feminist post, but instead a heavily bass-riddled post. I'm sure most of you will agree that that's for the best.

This track comes from SDUK, who first came to AbandonSilence's attention after remixing Emalkay's 'When I Look at You', possibly the original track of 2009. That remix included Ibiza steam guns and added gloss and sheen to a previously dirty and grimey track.

The track at hand is indeed called 'Clunge', I presume named after the Inbetweeners joke. Though without any vocals, it could be called anything I guess.

The track begins slowly, with house style jabbing synths leading off with hard hitting drums. After around a minute the track picks up pace and begins rolling around not too disimilar to Emalkay's track.

This is the first original SDUK track that I have come across and I must say I am quite nonplussed. SDUK clearly where's his influences on his sleeve, which isn't always a bad thing, but the lack of any individuality or anything new forces me to just feel the need to shrug at this track.

However, you may love this track, and you most definitely will enjoy the Emalkay remix (find the original if you don't already have it) so take these on the house, after finding SDUK on Beatport or iTunes of course...



mp3 blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment