Sunday 14 November 2010

The Future


As we near the conclusion of what has been an unforgettable year, Abandon Silence now looks to 2011 and the musical delights waiting in store for us all.

Firstly, I have two artists that have been included on the pretty awesome Night Slugs label compilation being released on the 29th November. Jacques Greene and Optimum are two artists that I have found incredibly tricky to track down, though I have just been listening to these two tracks from each producer religiously for the last few days.

Jacques Greene's track here is The Look. The track is similar to the work of Lone (below) in it's uplifting and inaudible yet prominent vocal tracks. This tune could quite easily blow up on the back of the hype that this artist will gain from the compilation, we will have to wait and see...

The second artist to be included from the Night Slugs camp is Optimum. When I said that I have found it hard to track people down, I really do mean that this guy is hard. With such a generic name, it's pretty hard to just google 'optimum' and hope for the best (and yes I did try different connotations of the search, with no luck.)

Their track here is Watchmaker, very nostalgically embedded from Myspace (the best I could do, apologies.) This track is more like the works of other Night Slugs artists Girl Unit.The track at hand, Watchmaker is futuristic, glitchy, hip hoppy greatness. It's in the same bracket as artists like Flylo, who are just so god damn hard to put into a genre. Anywho, here is said fantastic track, enjoy...

Find more artists like Optimum at Myspace Music

Our next artist/s are sharing a joint award as it's a bit unfair to give whole awards to mates - I don't want to appear biast! The artists in question are Mele and Koreless. Both are local to me, and are both ridiculously sound. Both of them have performed at Abandon Silence shows, and both are set to take major leaps forward in 2011. Mele has had a hugely productive 2010, working his way into the upper echelons of the Grizzly imprint, being tutored by the label's head honcho Sinden has surely helped as well. With the release of a new EP in January on said label, Mele will really begin to turn heads, and we can't wait to be able to give a nice big cocky, "I told you so!" His personal style of productions fit in superbly with the UK's current trending towards funky and grime, and I believe he will be very successful.



Koreless, aka Lewis Roberts, is a welshman based in Scotland. I got to know Koreless through a mutual friend and I was instantly hooked his productions. He is currently working with Pictures Music, a fantastic new label owned by the also sound Alex Clapworthy, which is another label that you should keep your eyes on. For now, enjoy the fantastic Up Down Up Down and just let his music wash over you...


Now for another North West based artist - unlike the previous two artists, Lone is not an acquaintance, so I can unrecroachably say that this guy is just fantastic. I discovered Lone by wandering through into the back room of the Warehouse Project to have a breather from DMZ's obliteration of the main room. The track to stream here is called Outlander, and is a great exponent for the other productions that I have been lucky to get my ears on - in particular, look out for Raptured. The calypso Summer vibes are the perfect pick-me-up for this time of year, please check him out...

The final artist that I am going to be discussing as a potential future star is Krystal Klear. Having recently had his first release, on Manchester based Hoya Hoya Recordings, Krystal Klear is set for a major year. He uses chopped hip hop styles and the same feel good vibes portrayed by Lone to harness his own sound. Here we have his track Let's Go Dreaming, enjoy...




Just to say, it is still November, so I am sure that I will do another feature in the style of this in January, though for now I am confident in all of my choices and I cannot wait to see each of them flourish and grow in stature as the weeks and months go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment